Here is my first and probably only blog dedicated to a specific movie. Call it a review if you will. I finally just went and saw Mamma Mia! with my parents and let me tell you, this was worth the wait. For all you suckers who refused to see it with me whilst I was in Provo: BIG MISTAKE.
This film was cast brilliantly; I don't care how many people have said that this was an embarassment for Pierce Brosnan...it was simply fabulous. Meryl Streep was hilarious, and the timing of the cast was impeccable. I must say that my favorite actress was Julie Walters, who played one of Meryl's best friends in the film and who, in my opinion, stole the show. It kept me laughing the entire time, along with both my parents (yes, my dad says he even wants to buy this when it comes out on DVD). Anyways, this film revolves around Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) who is about to get married when she decides she needs to know who her dad is before she can tie the knot. From reading her mom's (Meryl Streep) journal, she narrows her search down to three men and invites each one of them to her wedding. This results in humorous interactions between the three men, the three men and Meryl, and everyone else in the town.
It was made to be cheesy and I embraced every ounce of cheese it brought to the table. You should too.
Oh, and so I look more official this movie was directed by Phyllida Lloyd (ever heard of her? Me neither) and it got a whopping 54% on rottentomatoes.com!
Comments
And this can't be the only blog you write solely dedicated to a movie, because you signed up for the Lit Flicks Challenge. You're morally obligated to write more.
www.bitchinfilmreviews.com
Also, thank you for posting a million times since I last checked your blog...yesterday.
http://www.magicmanmusings.blogspot.com
Hey, if Blake gets a plug, I get a plug.
Ps. Nice film review.
Ps. I love you. Great movie. haha, no seriously, miss you.
Yea count me out.