Skip to main content

Yes, I live at home

It's a little rough admitting to the blogging world that I moved back home after graduating from college. Yes, I have a degree and yes, I still don't know what to do with my life. And while there is a certain adjustment that comes with moving back home after living away for four years, there are also some perks that you just can't find anywhere else. And I'm not just talking about the free rent.



-Since there are still the younger kids around, I have an unlimited supply of Snack Pack pudding, Capri Sun, fruit snacks, and Kool Aid at my fingertips. It does not get much better than that.


-Going through my old things I have come across my past phases of life including my troll collection (I even found my old troll Christmas stocking which is kind of scary looking) and comic books from when I decided I wanted to read them but only bought them from the 10 cent box. For some reason these finds have brought immediate joy to my life.


-I have an excess amount of time for blogging. Notice the recent influx.


-While I have become the designated cab driver for the youngins, this also means I have been able to keep up to date with my rap music addiction; the downside is that I don't think anyone can look cool listening to Snoop Dogg in a Mini-Van.


-I am resurrecting old hobbies including knitting and scrapbooking! I am so crafty. Who knew?


-There is a certain emotion that resurfaces every time I run into someone from my past here at home. Usually awkward conversation ensues...this is just something you can't find anywhere else.


-My Grandparents live only a short distance away. They used to be kinda scary to visit, but now they're at the funny stage of old-ness.


-There is a washer/dryer that I can use anytime...for free!


(The biggest downside to living at home: All these stupid pets my family has acquired. The most recent additions (joining our two annoying dogs) are two kittens that can look cute, but are probably more obnoxious than the dogs. I may not have a heart, but I just can't stand these animals. They do not benefit my life. I want them gone.)

Comments

blakecgriffin said…
PETA would like your anti-animal slurs to cease and desist immediately. I fully support their request.

Also, you should definitely scan your scrapbook pages and post them on your blog.
Kristalyn said…
I'm glad that you'll be home for a little while so that your nephews can spend more time with you! :) I'm also glad to see that we will always have the bond of feeling the same about pets. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...