Michael Jackson, to be exact.
One of my friends, the nicest/funniest girl in the world, is obsessed with MJ. Not just the normal "I love his songs and dance moves from the 80's" obsessed but more of an "I can tell you what his pet monkey's name is and more!" kind of obsessed. She also informed me that her whole family is like this and they discuss him frequently. I think this is weird. But maybe a little awesome?
Anyways, last night we were conversing about MJ, you know, like normal. She got me sucked into an interview done with MJ about five years ago by some guy from Britain. On youtube it is split into 8 parts (I think). After she sent me a couple of these clips, I ended up watching the entire interview. It's one of those things that you might not even want to watch, but you do because its soooo wack attack.
Now, don't get me wrong. MJ is (was?) a great performer. He has some classics that no one (ok I'm sure some people-like maybe Blake) can deny. My personal fave is Black or White (posted below for your viewing pleasure) and I know Ben's favorite is probably whatever he performed to become his high school's Mr. Russet.
But when you tear down all his musical ability, you get this:
I don't even know the correct way to describe him. But here he is.
From his interview (and my friend) I learned some very important things:
1. One of his children is nicknamed Blanket, because he is so warm
2. He hasn't had any plastic surgery...
3. His childhood pet monkey, Bubbles, had to go live with other chimps and MJ still occasionally visits
4. MJ cures cancer
YouTube won't let me post it here, so click on this for Black or White (featuring the one and only Macaulay Culkin).
Comments
So the raduniches are obsessed MJ. We used to do family skits involving scenes from his life. Doug would play Joe Jackson and I would play Michael.
LMAO. We need to discuss the whole Martin Basheer interview now that you have seen the whole thing
xoxo Megara