Once upon a time I went to Paris for a semester. It was the best four months ever. Our classes were ridiculously easy and I spent my time wandering the streets of Paris, eating fromage, and pretending I was the French Medieval theologian/philosopher Thomas Aquinas.
One of our classes was taught by a French man named Frere Euvrard. He was bomb.com. It was a religion class of some sort-I forget the actual name of it-but it was enjoyable. We were all assigned an important person to research and present to the class and when I was given ol' Tommy I was excited.
The first thing to pop in my mind was, of course, dressing up like Tommy. It stems back from a long history of dressing up like historical figures, and I couldn't let the class down. It was hard to assemble the costume, as dressing up like an old bald man usually is, but it was even more difficult this time as I had very limited resources.
As you can tell, my effort was worth it and I was almost the mirror image of Thomas.
PS If you're looking for a good read, pick up the Summa Theologiae. It's only 3020 pages of Christian theology/philosophy.
Comments