Skip to main content

What not to wear

This is what I wore to school today:


This is the (constructive) criticism I received from COT:

COT (in broken English): Um, I believe that your shirt might be...too low.

Me: Oh, really? (I could've sworn this was appropriate!)

COT: Yes. The older boys. They have hard time paying attention.

Me: Oh. Well, sorry...

COT: The Vice Principal (who thankfully I hadn't seen all day so I don't know how this was discovered) he does not like it.

Me: Ok, I'll remember for next time.

COT: Ok. And another Korean taboo is your white headband.

Me: Really?

COT: Yes. In Korea a white headband is worn at funerals and is kind of a symbol for death.

Me: Wow. Yeah, I had no idea. Could I wear other headbands-not white?

COT: Personally, I think you look better without it. With nothing in your hair. You wear it down-like yesterday. That is better.

Me: Alright. Well, good to know. Thanks.

le fin.

So yeah, maybe one of the most awkward convos ever. But well appreciated. I don't want to walk around in immodest clothing celebrating death.

Comments

Rachel said…
HAHAHAHA.

Tact she has not...

Cindy, I absolutely love your blog and your adventures in Korea.

If you're ever in DC on a layover, let me know and we'll chill like old times in Paris.

Glad to see you're doing well and surviving the cement jungle over there...
kami said…
that is too funny!!
Unknown said…
oh my goodness! that cracks me up! i love reading all your hilarious stories keep iy up!
Okay... now I will believe you. You would have had a blog about outfit compliments had you been in the States. :) Cute outfit - even if it comes across as offensive. :)
Janthony said…
hahaha I love how honest criticism is in a second language. You're hot. Stop distracting all the Korean boys with your big chest.
Erin said…
THAT IS AMAZING! But I have to agree, you do look super inappropriate.

Also, I'm glad to have it validated that Koreans wear white to funerals. Because I can't remember where I heard that, but somewhere on a TV show or a movie, someone, sometime threw that out and I didn't believe it.
ABCD said…
hahaha this was so fabulous. i need this sort of prep information. now i feel like i better go through my whole wardrobe and rethink a few things...
Jeff said…
JE TE KIFFE CINDY. GRAV. ca c'est la chose la plus amusante que j'ai entendue de tout ce que j'ai entendu toute la semaine. je t'aime a la folie.
Katie said…
Gosh Cindy, why you gotta be so immodest? I'm glad you've been corrected your ways...How did you make your way through BYU dressing like such a hussie?
MyKelle J said…
OH MAN!!! Who would have ever known.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...