Skip to main content

Last 24 hours

Things I’ve liked in the last 24 hours:
-Snapchat singing to Celine Dion with friends in Denver.  Felt like I was there
-Bringing cinnamon rolls on the bus this morning (including 1 transfer)
-Deciding to name my turkey bowl football team “the Ford Force” and wearing Star Wars themed clothing
-Telling my students Gerald Ford was my grandpa
-Despite today being the day before a long break, having a decent lesson prepared and being presented while having an unexpected visitor (along with the dean of instruction).  The students sounded like they were learning!
-Beginning to appreciate a student I haven’t really liked that much
-A fun day with our kids involving a Turkey Bowl
-My team winning the championship of said Turkey Bowl
-Attempting to cheat to win said Turkey Bowl
-The school drumline during halftime
-Getting a turkey hat (and a trophy)
-A pleasant potluck w the students where they all got along and no one was annoying! They were just normal kids!  
-Taking a nap on some random table in some random atrium in Midtown
-Seeing some of my favorite humans who are in town from Colorado (makes my heart soar)
-Two random men on the street complimenting me in a non-creepy way
-Random Japanese food that had good reviews but that was not very good but excellent company so it don’t matter
-Christmas spirit in the city (so many lights!)
-Thinking about actual Christmas break
-Realizing the guy at the Verizon store had been hitting on me on Saturday and thinking about texting him all day but then forgetting (there’s still tomorrow)
-Relating to the film Moana in weird ways and also wishing I was Polynesian
-Thinking about all the trips I want to and will go on in the future
-Friends from afar texting me
-Telling my guy Mo at the bodega next to school that I’ll miss him over the break and him returning the sentiment
-Candy

Things I haven’t liked:
-The pizza station at Costco being down for the day so no pizza even though I went through the effort of sneaking into Costco


All in all, I’m starting this Thanksgiving break LIKE A BOSS.

Comments

theoxenia said…
More please! December is getting so long without an update.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...