Most people know that I have this weird love obsession with Tongans. Well, Howeezi is the one who started it all. We met quite a few years back, but have luckily kept in contact and he just makes me laugh. This pic is from 2005 when he came to visit me in Provo with his brothers and cousin. They were from Oakland, 'nuff said.
Oh man, I have so many stories about him. Like how after they visited me in Provo they drove to Denver and stayed with my family and ended up getting arrested for driving the wrong way down a one way street and my dad had to pick them up from the police station in the middle of the night after the cops finally figured out they didn't steal the car they were driving. It was wild.
But mostly I am writing this tribute to Howeezi because each morning, around 6 am, he sends me a text message with a 'thought of the day'. I wanted to share some with you.
(I will not edit the text messages in any way, shape, or form. This is how he really writes):
"Hepi 2uesday heas my thot 4 da day "WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID" jah blez"
Insert: it took me like two weeks to figure out that jah blez really means God Bless
"Hepi munday heas my thot 4 da day "A GOOD LEADER IS A PERSON WHO TAKES A LITTLE MORE THAN HIS SHARE OF THE BLAME ND A LITTLE LESS THAN HIS SHARE OF DA CREDIT" 8)"
Ok I think that gives you all a sense of what I wake up to each morning. Usually I would be annoyed of this daily occurance, but mostly it just makes me laugh every day. My favorite part is that he figures out how to spell (for the most part) when he gives his thought, but before its like deciphering a secret language.
In conclusion, Howeezi has changed my life in many ways. And I love Tongans.

Comments
sometimes my friend michael sends me an arrested development quote of the day. it makes me feel really warm and cuddly.