So another week begins here in the Ford world. I must say that as I'm writing this I'm mostly excited for this week. Not that I have anything super awesome planned, but I just feel like its going to be a good week.
And you want to know what makes a good week? A good Monday.
And you want to know how to have an awesome Monday? Set goals.
Goals like the character Stanley Stupid makes in my favorite movie, The Stupids.
(this montage is like 8 minutes long...I only ask you watch until about 45 seconds. Or just watch the entire movie, because it is hilarious. but just a warning: your local blockbuster might not have it...)
Ok ok now my list for Monday:
1. Work on my bald spot tan (aka work)
2. Email Rick Steves and ask/beg for a job
3. Call rapper Flo Rida (ok ok did you know he made his number public last week?! I had no idea until now. I read like 4 different articles about it until I found his actual number. You better believe I'm going to call it. And you better believe Flo Rida and I are going to be BFF's in no time. I need his advice on apple bottom jeans and whether or not they go with boots without fur...and lets be honest, I just feel awesome with Flo Rida in my phone book)

4. Eat leftover eggs, preferably of the deviled variety
5. Stock up on excess Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs, because they just taste better than regular Reeses
6. Research new phone options
7. Practice the song "Foolish Games" on the piano. More on that later this week. (oh, its good)
8. See a movie (toss up between Duplicity, Dragonball, and Hannah Montana)
Yeah. It's going to be an awesome day.
And you want to know what makes a good week? A good Monday.
And you want to know how to have an awesome Monday? Set goals.
Goals like the character Stanley Stupid makes in my favorite movie, The Stupids.
(this montage is like 8 minutes long...I only ask you watch until about 45 seconds. Or just watch the entire movie, because it is hilarious. but just a warning: your local blockbuster might not have it...)
Ok ok now my list for Monday:
1. Work on my bald spot tan (aka work)
2. Email Rick Steves and ask/beg for a job
3. Call rapper Flo Rida (ok ok did you know he made his number public last week?! I had no idea until now. I read like 4 different articles about it until I found his actual number. You better believe I'm going to call it. And you better believe Flo Rida and I are going to be BFF's in no time. I need his advice on apple bottom jeans and whether or not they go with boots without fur...and lets be honest, I just feel awesome with Flo Rida in my phone book)
4. Eat leftover eggs, preferably of the deviled variety
5. Stock up on excess Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs, because they just taste better than regular Reeses
6. Research new phone options
7. Practice the song "Foolish Games" on the piano. More on that later this week. (oh, its good)
8. See a movie (toss up between Duplicity, Dragonball, and Hannah Montana)
Yeah. It's going to be an awesome day.
Comments
And... I knew that my cousin, Nate, knew you and I know one of his mission companions, but I haven't put it together until yesterday...
You know my friend, Fa, too - don't you?! I ate lunch with him yesterday... :)
While Fast and Furious features the requisite action and stunts, the filmmakers have failed to provide a competent story or compelling characters.
People who want nothing more out of a movie than an extended rap video -- there's lots of hip-hop, close-ups of cars, and women in shiny tiny shorts -- may be satisfied. But this movie isn't much more than a re-do of the first film in the series.
Feels about as fresh and lively as a piece of burnt rubber.
Director Justin Lin still hasn't learned film geography. Even the kinetic tunnel races, meant to nitrocharge the movie, fall flat from spatial incoherence. You barely know what's happening, and to whom.
It's time for these car fiends to slam the heap into 'park.' Diesel should use his ESP powers to find a better gig with a franchise that still has some gas -- such as maybe The Pacifier 2?
Oh boy, oh boy.
Duplicity - 71%
Hannah Montana - 52%
Fast and Furious - 21%
PS - Thanks to your montage, I will never see The Stupids. Ever.