Let me take a minute to declare my love/obsession with journal writing. Because I can.
(What now.)
This past week I've been trying to fill my time with more productive things. I still make sure I have an hour for Law and Order, but I've added things like "an hour of practicing piano" and "studying for the GRE" more heavily in the mix. It's going quite well, and in the long run I'm sure at some point I will get some kind of job based on these months. Or not.
Anyways, I decided to go through and organize my journals. Here are some interesting facts you are all dying to know:
-I've completely filled up 10 journals. Which means I'm currently writing in #11.
-The first entry I ever made was on October 12, 1997. I was 11, almost 12. It includes hand drawn pictures of my dear pet parakeet so cleverly named "Birdie" (May she rest in peace).
-2006 was my most documented year.
-I figured from these 11 journals I've written 1307 pages. And counting!
I know what you're thinking: Why is she telling us this pointless information?
And I don't have a good answer for that.
Mostly I just wanted to encourage everyone to write in their journals. I know sometimes we feel as though blogging counts, which it does to some extent, but just going through my journals is something I treasure. Just from looking at my handwriting I can tell if I was mad or sad or happy. It's a completely true representation of who I am; I don't have to worry about everyone on the internets reading my deep dark secrets.
Plus, I figured one day someone will want to write my biography. This will make that soooo much easier. You're welcome, future.
(What now.)
This past week I've been trying to fill my time with more productive things. I still make sure I have an hour for Law and Order, but I've added things like "an hour of practicing piano" and "studying for the GRE" more heavily in the mix. It's going quite well, and in the long run I'm sure at some point I will get some kind of job based on these months. Or not.
Anyways, I decided to go through and organize my journals. Here are some interesting facts you are all dying to know:
-I've completely filled up 10 journals. Which means I'm currently writing in #11.
-The first entry I ever made was on October 12, 1997. I was 11, almost 12. It includes hand drawn pictures of my dear pet parakeet so cleverly named "Birdie" (May she rest in peace).
-2006 was my most documented year.
-I figured from these 11 journals I've written 1307 pages. And counting!
I know what you're thinking: Why is she telling us this pointless information?
And I don't have a good answer for that.
Mostly I just wanted to encourage everyone to write in their journals. I know sometimes we feel as though blogging counts, which it does to some extent, but just going through my journals is something I treasure. Just from looking at my handwriting I can tell if I was mad or sad or happy. It's a completely true representation of who I am; I don't have to worry about everyone on the internets reading my deep dark secrets.
Plus, I figured one day someone will want to write my biography. This will make that soooo much easier. You're welcome, future.
Comments