I have an announcement:
I sent in my application to teach in France starting in October.
Now, I debated whether or not I would blog this, as I might regret it if I get rejected, but I figured I'd just lay it all out on the table. (table=blog)
As many of you know, I was thisclose to going to Korea this past fall to do the same. For some reason it wasn't meant to be and I decided to stay around (and work at Target? what was I thinking...)
I feel more confident about going to France, probably because I am more familiar with it. They have a list of the different regions and on the application you pick your top 3. This is my number 1 choice:
Why Poitiers? Why now?
Here is why (and proof that I am a huge nerd):
1. It was a central location during the late Medieval period: awesome.
2. One of my favorite historical figures, Eleanor d'Aquitaine, spent some time here.
3. I want to be a Troubadour.
4. There is a pretty high percentage of students here, so there is a possibility I'd make some friends.
5. The theme park Futuroscope is SOO close!! Good memories there.
Wish me luck!
(but not all at once because I don't find out until May)
Comments
Anyway, good luck!!! And if you do end up going I expect you to report on everything related to medieval allegory in Poitiers...
Yeah you applied to the program. I'm sure you'll get in no problem. And if so, you'll be relativly near me (which may or may not a plus, I'll let you decide) :) What are you up to in the mean time? Love and hugs
alice