You know how when you've been poor for awhile (or longer) and then the prospect of a semi-decent paycheck enters your mind and you start planning all the things you can buy when you get those first few deposits? (like I do every year with my tax refund). And even though there are sooo many other responsible things you could do with these new funds you only want to go out and buy something awesome because hey, why not?
I'm getting that way. And I've only been at my new job a few days.
It's not like I'm getting all crazy on things I want to buy. They're mostly things that make sense.
A new phone, for example. I don't know why but I have bad luck with phones. My current phone is pretty touchy and will work only when it wants. But it still works, so I could continue on with it and be fine. I'm contemplating trying to get something I could use in Europe too. So we'll see. I need to do more research on this.
Photo
The second (and final) item on the list is an iPod. Let me just first state my opinion of iPods. I'm weird about them. I don't necessarily like them. I get that they are solid for storing all your tunes and organizing them and whatnot, but I feel like they are a big hindrance on social interactions. It was mostly annoying for me to see countless students at school who were constantly glued to these electronic devices. I feel like iPods make poor excuses for avoiding direct contact with other human beings.
That being said, I see the benefits of an iPod for two activities: Working out and for the car.
My new job requires me to walk around neighborhoods for 8-10 hours a day. While I enjoy silence, I could see how it could get old for that long.
Which makes me consider wanting an iPod. Which I am weirdly a little ashamed to say because there's really nothing with them...I'm just strange.
Anyways, should I? Or not? I just don't know. I need help.
I'm getting that way. And I've only been at my new job a few days.
It's not like I'm getting all crazy on things I want to buy. They're mostly things that make sense.
A new phone, for example. I don't know why but I have bad luck with phones. My current phone is pretty touchy and will work only when it wants. But it still works, so I could continue on with it and be fine. I'm contemplating trying to get something I could use in Europe too. So we'll see. I need to do more research on this.
The second (and final) item on the list is an iPod. Let me just first state my opinion of iPods. I'm weird about them. I don't necessarily like them. I get that they are solid for storing all your tunes and organizing them and whatnot, but I feel like they are a big hindrance on social interactions. It was mostly annoying for me to see countless students at school who were constantly glued to these electronic devices. I feel like iPods make poor excuses for avoiding direct contact with other human beings.
That being said, I see the benefits of an iPod for two activities: Working out and for the car.
My new job requires me to walk around neighborhoods for 8-10 hours a day. While I enjoy silence, I could see how it could get old for that long.
Which makes me consider wanting an iPod. Which I am weirdly a little ashamed to say because there's really nothing with them...I'm just strange.
Anyways, should I? Or not? I just don't know. I need help.
Comments
It also helps that mine is green. pick a good color.
There's a novel for you.
Get an ipod like every other human being.
No, maybe you should get a Zune. It's more you:)