As Americans, we hate being bothered. We hate telemarketers, we hate being approaching at the grocery store (unless the lady approaching us is handing us food, wherein we are delighted) and we most definitely hate solicitors.
I have no problem ignoring or saying no to any of the people above. I realize these are all just everyday people doing their everyday jobs and they probably hate it, but I won't feel pity for them and I will not feel bad about not participating. Does that make sense?
There are some people who feel pressure into buying things just because somebody knocks on their front door and asks. Those random kids with tubs full of candy bars? I always say no. When I see a telemarketer is calling my house, I usually answer the phone with a 'bueno!' and it never goes much longer than that.
Now, this past week as I was walking around my neighborhood, I noticed a sign in a front door that was different than all the rest:
NO SOLICITORS NO DONATIONS GIRL SCOUTS OK

What?!?!
At first I was confused. Wasn't a girl scout kind of both?
But then I realized...I totally agree.
Girl scouts can get places no one else can! This is genius information. Think about it. Every telemarketing place should just pretend that they are girl scouts. Everyone who wants to sell something door to door should wear a girl scout uniform! Nobody is going to turn down cookies. Nobody.
So today...props to the girl scouts. You win.
(PS If you need a 'no soliciting' sign, contact ben. he's got some extras)
There are some people who feel pressure into buying things just because somebody knocks on their front door and asks. Those random kids with tubs full of candy bars? I always say no. When I see a telemarketer is calling my house, I usually answer the phone with a 'bueno!' and it never goes much longer than that.
Now, this past week as I was walking around my neighborhood, I noticed a sign in a front door that was different than all the rest:
NO SOLICITORS NO DONATIONS GIRL SCOUTS OK
What?!?!
At first I was confused. Wasn't a girl scout kind of both?
But then I realized...I totally agree.
Girl scouts can get places no one else can! This is genius information. Think about it. Every telemarketing place should just pretend that they are girl scouts. Everyone who wants to sell something door to door should wear a girl scout uniform! Nobody is going to turn down cookies. Nobody.
So today...props to the girl scouts. You win.
(PS If you need a 'no soliciting' sign, contact ben. he's got some extras)
Comments
It just might have something to do witht he fact that those yummy litte treats they are sells make me want to die... minor details...