Skip to main content

Biden v. Palin

Tonights debate was good. Not bad, not excellent.

It wasn't as action packed as I would've liked (when did politicians stop insulting each other directly?) but it was informative enough and I enjoyed viewing the stark differences between Biden and Palin. Granted, I was sad The Office wasn't on tonight, but I will admit I was glad I didn't have to choose one over the other. Because, honest to goodness, I would've still watched the debate. I'm weird and I have a random old man crush on Joe. I admit it.


Also, I'm pretty sure they had to refer to McCain as "Maverick" a certain number of times (a million) to win a special prize. Luckily, Palin was up to the challenge and surpassed all expectations. She wins! (Only not)


While she seems like a lovely lady, Palin is just not my cup of tea. I find her annoying and every time I see her I wish it was really Tina Fey dressed up as Sarah Palin. And then I get disappointed when I realize it's the real Palin.


I just love Joe. I loved the way the camera focused in on him laughing at certain things Palin said tonight and I love the way his eyes glisten in the light.

(Photo)

Comments

?sAcReD cHaOs! said…
hmmm...nice insight cuz we dont get to see all this here in india although i wish i could...
Jen said…
I totally agree with your recap of the debate. I thought I was going to throw something at the tv if I heard the word Maverick one more time. Ick! And that voice (Palin's) is enough to drive me insane.

I don't typically go for the older guys, but I'm with you on the Biden crush. I think I'm in love. Ssshhh...don't tell my anyone. I don't want to lose my rep as a cougar.
Adam said…
No offense, Cindy, but this post made me throw up a little. I'm cleaning it off my desk right now.

I'm only saying this to you because you live in a swing state: Please do this country a huge favor and vote McCain. A vote for Obama/Biden is akin to a vote for Bin Laden/Satan.

An old man crush on Joe Biden? Ugh. I mean, I guess I can see the appeal of a perverted, pompous, egotistical gasbag of an old man...
Valerie said…
I met Joe. He is more handsome in real life. Took my breath away, more then Berlin.
Jill said…
you're kind of weird.
Christopher Plummer is way better.
and you're kind of out of control with the blogging. I swear it was not 15 hours ago I last checked and you already have 2 new posts.
only love it. and you.
Ben said…
skates, hockey practice
Yep! SHe's a genuine mom!
Please, god help us all.
Ben said…
Change we can count on!
Whose the fairest of them all?
Mcain is...Maverick???

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...