When I was visiting Kensington Palace in London, I had the chance to meet a very special man. His name was Arthur (we could call him King Arthur) and he was 83 years old. He was very kind and fed the birds in the park by the palace every week.
His wife had died 13 years earlier. He said he was looking for a new one. He invited me to be that new one. I declined.
Sometimes I think back to that life-changing decision. Why do we do the things that we do?
I could be living in England, caring for an aged man, moments away from the Globe theatre, changing his Depends, a chunnel ride away from Paris.
Who ever knows what will happen next...
Comments
Oh, this is Elizabeth Harris...from Church. Hey thanks for stopping by and visiting me, oh wait, nevermind. :)
P.S. So awkward, I originally had a typo so I deleted my first post not realizing it would still keep a record of it. I can't keep up with you crazy kids. :)