Skip to main content

Where are they now?

Last night I decided to watch The Secret Garden. (It's a classic)

The 1987 TV Version.

Align Center
I don't know how many of you ever watched this specific one, but I was always mildly creeped out. Well, seems like some things never change and I still felt those creeped out pains. I decided it must be the music that floats its way through the movie and into the depths of your soul. That and it's taped off the TV and twenty years old so there is a lot of static and fuzz during certain parts that adds to its eerie feel. There are more reasons but I'll stop there.

Anyways, when it ended last night all I could think about was how these actors were soooo good at what they did-they must've continued their acting dreams and become at least semi big stars, right?

Wrong.

I mean, Barret Oliver was the face of The Neverending Story (another creepy movie from my childhood) but that was still in the 80's. Nothing really since then.

The biggest surprise was when I noticed Colin Firth's name in the IMDB casting list. I could not for the life of me remember him from the movie! I actually rewound the movie and stared at the screen, trying to believe it was true.

Well, it's true. Courtesy of youtube.com and the Russians (I think Russians?) this is the only clip I could find. Please ignore the bad sound (and how it doesn't match with the actors) and the foreign language at the bottom of the screen, but take special note on the awkward factor of this kiss at 44 seconds:


Comments

Ben said…
That IS Russian, well done.

This is Blake by the way, not magicman.
Jill said…
Wow. That is SO GOOD!!! Thank you for your excellent sleuthery. I can't decide what is best, but here are some contenders: awkward kiss/necessity to switch head tilt direction. black cat close-up. ben the gardner watching in the background. emotional music. Colin's hair. The list goes on, and the clip was only 2 minutes! Golden.
MyKelle J said…
he look so young!

P.S. secret Garden is not creepy... its near and dear to my heart. This post has brought me to tears... and I thought we were friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...