You know how there are some songs that will forever be associated with a certain person or event from life? And no matter how long it's been since you've heard the song you remember every word?
The other day I was listening to the radio and a song came on that I hadn't heard for awhile and I was brought back to a specific moment in my past. I loved it. I feel like my life does have a soundtrack.
Here are some songs that would make it on my 2-disk set (and why!):
Delta Dawn by Tanya Tucker
-This song was a childhood favorite. My bro's and I would listen to our parents oldies CD's nonstop and this was my #1 choice.
Over and Over Again by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw
-Two of my favorite genres in one. I went on a roadtrip my sophomore year of college with some friends and the main driver guy had a mix CD with this song on it. And we literally listened to it over and over and over and over again. (PS in the music video both Nelly and Tim sport the doo rag)
Home by Michael Buble
-When I was in Paris (and Rome!) I would listen to this song and know exactly what it was all about. I must admit I wasn't as eager to come home as Michael, though.
With or Without You by U2
-Did somebody say youth dance? I remember dancing to this song with the boy I was in love with at my monthly church dances. And when I say 'in love with' I really mean "We danced together twice...maybe three times"
Incomplete by the Backstreet Boys
-One night all my roommates and I decided we would bust this song out in our hallway. And we did. And it is all on film.
I Wanna Dance with Somebody and How Will I Know by Whitney Houston
-Road trips with the BFF's. Jammin' it loud and proud the whole drive long.
The Final Countdown by Europe
-Arrested Development, Magic Man, Dare bear, and Mark. Some of my most favorite boys ever.
Get Ur Freak On and Work it by Missy Elliot
-Oh those drives back from good times in SLC with Blake and Ben...
If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher
-This is probably the most prominent song featured in my life. I'm sorry for those of you who have heard my rendition too many times to count. It's what I do.
Question by Old 97's
-Long drives in the Audi with Todd and the Scrubs soundtrack playing in the background. And this song is just too cute. Too. Cute.
Umbrella by Rihanna, Better by Regina Specktor, and All I Need by Radiohead
-Ohhh Blake. There are so many.
Mountain Music by Alabama
-This is what I choose to represent my show choir days. There were so many good (and not good) songs we sang to all the old people, but the country songs were my favorite.
The other day I was listening to the radio and a song came on that I hadn't heard for awhile and I was brought back to a specific moment in my past. I loved it. I feel like my life does have a soundtrack.
Here are some songs that would make it on my 2-disk set (and why!):
Delta Dawn by Tanya Tucker
-This song was a childhood favorite. My bro's and I would listen to our parents oldies CD's nonstop and this was my #1 choice.
Over and Over Again by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw
-Two of my favorite genres in one. I went on a roadtrip my sophomore year of college with some friends and the main driver guy had a mix CD with this song on it. And we literally listened to it over and over and over and over again. (PS in the music video both Nelly and Tim sport the doo rag)
Home by Michael Buble
-When I was in Paris (and Rome!) I would listen to this song and know exactly what it was all about. I must admit I wasn't as eager to come home as Michael, though.
With or Without You by U2
-Did somebody say youth dance? I remember dancing to this song with the boy I was in love with at my monthly church dances. And when I say 'in love with' I really mean "We danced together twice...maybe three times"
Incomplete by the Backstreet Boys
-One night all my roommates and I decided we would bust this song out in our hallway. And we did. And it is all on film.
I Wanna Dance with Somebody and How Will I Know by Whitney Houston
-Road trips with the BFF's. Jammin' it loud and proud the whole drive long.
The Final Countdown by Europe
-Arrested Development, Magic Man, Dare bear, and Mark. Some of my most favorite boys ever.
Get Ur Freak On and Work it by Missy Elliot
-Oh those drives back from good times in SLC with Blake and Ben...
If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher
-This is probably the most prominent song featured in my life. I'm sorry for those of you who have heard my rendition too many times to count. It's what I do.
Question by Old 97's
-Long drives in the Audi with Todd and the Scrubs soundtrack playing in the background. And this song is just too cute. Too. Cute.
Umbrella by Rihanna, Better by Regina Specktor, and All I Need by Radiohead
-Ohhh Blake. There are so many.
Mountain Music by Alabama
-This is what I choose to represent my show choir days. There were so many good (and not good) songs we sang to all the old people, but the country songs were my favorite.
Comments