I don't live in California (although I do claim to be Californian) and so I guess it doesn't really matter what I think about any of the propositions.
BUT...
There has been a recent influx of attention given to Prop 8, which: controversy. Everyone has an opinion. Go vote and make your voice heard. We'll see what happens.
What is crazy is how last night was the first time I had heard of Proposition K (hmm...makes me think of Special K, and then I get hungry). It gives me yet another reason to want to move to San Francisco...?
Prop K, if passed, would prevent local authorities (aka the po-po) "from investigating, arresting or prosecuting anyone for selling sex...The ballot question technically would not legalize prostitution, since state law still prohibits it, but the measure would eliminate the power of local law enforcement officials to go after prostitutes" (AP, CNN.com).
WHOA WHOA WHOA. What?
Let's be honest. If this is passed, it equals a ton of prosti's in San Fran. More than they already have. Only they wouldn't be forced to run into alleys when the cops drive by...they could flaunt it whenever they wanted. San Fran would join the two states where some kind of legalized sex-selling is acceptable (which are yes, Nevada, and...Rhode Island?).
Now, I don't think it really has any chance of passing. But should we still worry about it? Yes.
Maybe we could reopen Alcatraz and put all the hookers there? Oh Oh and then make the only way to the island into an obstacles course and turn all of it into a reality tv show. And whoever wins will be Paris Hiltons new BFF. Such a good idea.
Anyways, click on this to read the full article on CNN.
Comments
I'm so lucky I have you to keep me up-to-date on all aspects of politics. Really. You make it WAY more entertaining than CNN. :)
This is insane. If they want legal prostitutes, head up to Canada!
i love your tv show idea!