Skip to main content

HSM3

Yo

I saw High School Musical 3 on opening day.

LOVED IT.

Read my review here, at the greatest movie review site ever to be created.

Yeah. pretty awesome.
(And thanks to Blake for actually posting it-you've always been so helpful. Like when my hair caught on fire.)

****UPDATE I don't like Blake. So I'm posting my review below******

Not knowing what would happen in the third installment of Disney’s highly acclaimed (by me) High School Musical series, HSM3: Senior Year proved to be exciting, tender, and just plain awesome. Seriously. Director Kenny Ortega (HSM, HSM2, Hocus Pocus, Newsies) forces every moviegoer to relive some of their high school memories (good and bad) throughout this musical roller coaster. And he does it well. It makes you laugh, it makes you smile, and dare I say it might even make you shed a tear. It made people at the theatre I was in to clap, hoot, holler, and dance.

The story continues with the same main cast as the previous two, with only a few new faces. Troy (Zac Efron) and Gabriella (Vanessa Hudgens) finally realize that life after high school might get a little more complicated as Troy is supposed to go to his fathers alma mater for basketball and Gabriella is committed to Stanford. That means more than 1,000 miles between them. Quite a dilemma. Of course we can’t forget about Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale), who continues on as the antagonist trying to destroy everything between Troy and Gabriella; her role as the villain was noticeably downplayed in this movie because the real trouble is in what the future holds.

I really just want to talk this movie up because I loved it so much. It is fairly predictable, which I was expecting, but there were some cute little surprises that made me giggle like a school girl. The cast performs magically, responding so naturally to their scripted romances and friendships (because they’re real! They are Disney stars. They get along with everyone). Zac Efron seems to throw out more one-liners this time around, making you laugh more than you might like to admit. I also enjoyed the fact that every cast member, during at least one of their solos, throws out their arms in dramatic movements. It really adds something. The dancing is enthralling (choreographed by Ortega as well) and the songs evoke emotions you thought you had lost since high school.

And Zac Efron is in it. Need I say more?

Comments

NoNo said…
only one blog today cind? are you serious. sunday is the day to eat. church. sleep. and blog.
blakecgriffin said…
Thanks for the love! And great review. You wouldn't believe the number of confused emails I'm getting...

I dedicate this song to you Cindy, the biggest Cougs fan out there. Please post this link on your site.
Katie said…
Nice review. I have to agree though, HSM3 was amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...