Skip to main content

I'm Telling Everyone

It all started when a friend-I'll call him Chuck-saw the movie Ne le dis a personne and couldn't help but state that he wanted to 'rub it all over him'.

I decided to give it a shot-it's not everyday Chuck says he wants to rub a movie all over him. (Which is probably a good thing).

The movie theatre here that shows independent films is wicked awesome, and the perfect location for a stellar film like Ne le dis a personne. It was built in 1930 and is fashioned in old Mayan Revival style. Super cool (see pic below). Anyways, moving on to the film at hand...

I walked up to the box office guy (who was in the middle of eating a delicious looking sandwich) and started asking for the movie Ne le dis a personne...until he looked confused and I realized I could say it in English and would be better understood. One ticket for Tell No One. Done and done.

From the moment the film started, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It was amazing. It tells the story of Alex (François Cluzet) who's wife Margot (Marie-Josée Croze) was brutally murdered eight years ago. The only problem is that she just emailed him...

oh snap.

It follows Alex as he tries to figure out what the deuce is going on in his life. His wife's case has recently been reopened and naturally, he is again a prime suspect in her death. There are good guys and bad guys (and some are a little both) but it creates a mind blowing result of cinema joy. My emotions followed Alex's journey up and down as he tried to solve the mystery of his beloved wife. I only wanted him to be happy...

The film is captivating and intense. The acting was real, the shots were beautiful, and the story kept me guessing the entire time. It was like a really, really, really good French episode of Law and Order. Only better.

Chalk up another win for the French.

Comments

blakecgriffin said…
Well done. I loved it too. Chuck must have good taste.
Anonymous said…
I haven't seen this movie, but I was a little put off my Chuck's comment that he wanted to rub it all over himself. Still, despite the comment, it sounds like a movie I should see.

Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society
http://thebluestockings.com
Cesia said…
Wow! Sounds interesting!

Added to my Netflix.

- Cesia.
http://ceceatitagain.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Another confession

(this isn't about the same subject matter as before) A lot of the time when I meet people I feel like I know them from somewhere. A good percentage of the time I realize the only way I know them is that they resemble one of the characters on the classic board game Guess Who? Does this happen to anyone else?!?!

Recent Obsession Flair-ups

You know how there are some things that you love so much and you experience these things a ton but then after awhile they just seem to fade out? But then some time passes and you almost rediscover these things with new eyes and obsess over them again almost worse than the first time? This has recently happened to me with a few things. They include: Elton John Tater Tots Seinfeld Showering Grape Juice Thats it. PS: (Did you know?!) Thanks to Dare-bear-stare for helping me learn that my own Denver International Airport is the largest airport in the U.S. at 53 square miles! Props to Denver yet again!

Take Home Chef Wannabe

So once upon a time my friend Jeff and I made up our own little tradition. We called it "Friday Picture" and each Friday we would walk around campus and take a picture with the most awkward/awesome/unique looking individual we could find. It was something I looked forward to every week, and we would constantly surprise ourselves with the kind of people we'd see walking around BYU. A lot of weridos there. One day we decided to meander through the library to see if there was anyone extra special for our Friday Picture. Boyyy, did we find that special person! World, meet Take Home Chef Lookalike. I saw him and I couldn't believe the similarities. The striking features. The blond, pointy hair. We even found some silverware to make the photo more true to life. ( The real Curtis Stone ) Try to tell me they don't look alike. Just try. I think the best part of the story is that Jeff's girlfriend at the time (now wife) had dated Take Home Chef-a-like. And we di...