Wednesday, October 12, 2011

FREE.

Being one of three non-Asians in a cohort of 150 really has its perks. Sometimes I feel like they all stare me down whenever I talk/walk in/sit there. No joke. Today in class they were talking about this online quiz on "Academic Integrity" (which apparently is a novel idea for different cultures. Plagiarism is bad, right? PC was saying how in India everyone does it-they just copy/paste like its going out of style!. So random). Anyways, someone had a question about it and I had just finished it this morning so I was saying the answer. EVERYONE turned around and stared as I spoke. And every person I meet asks me "Why do you study this?". I do what i want!


But back to the issue at hand. I feel like there are divisions forming among the class, and I had to pick one.


There were several offers from different Chinese groups.



(I felt like George Sr. in Arrested Development, trying to decide what gang to join in prison. "I feel like the prettiest girl at the ball!")


But the Taiwanese really stepped up their game and so I have officially chosen their side. They knew where to go to get free coffee/hot chocolate for International Students and so we made our way over after our meeting today.





Free hot chocolate and them talking in Chinese half the time while I sit there? Sold.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wise decision making, Cindy. Always go for free.