Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Monday

I woke up in a surprisingly and alarmingly good mood. Especially for a Monday. I was concerned for a moment that something was wrong with me, but then I decided to bask in the goodness I was feeling and so I danced around my room to some of my current favorite jams. (Miguel. Chris Brown. T-Swift.) The 15 year old inside was just busting it out this morning. And I think she should bust it out every morning.

My first (and only) class on Mondays is at 11 am. Not a bad time. Its not too far but since it was the first time we were meeting in this classroom I left a few minutes earlier. It wasn't hard to spot once I got in the building-I just followed the trail of Asians leading me to the right room. I was a little surprised, although I shouldn't have been, to find the room already packed! I was concerned I was late, but I looked at the time-nine minutes before class was to start-but then I realized why. These Chinese classmates are really making me rethink every part of my studying routine. Don't even get me started on trying to get a book from the library-those kids go in and hunt them down ages before the reading is even assigned! I am going to have to step up my game. It is going to be difficult.

Hey Darren-they have bacon flavored chips (or in their words 'crisps') here. Delicious.

video

I'm planning on spending the rest of my Monday studying what I can out of the books I was able to snag from the library. And trying not to freeze-the wind is especially chilly today. And as nerdy as it sounds, it feels good being back in the classroom. I'm excited to start figuring out a thesis (i'll not be as excited later i'm sure) and trying my hand at this whole 'graduate school' thing.

2 comments:

Mikelle and Nate said...

Those dang Chinese! Why do they have to be so on top of everything? I am glad to hear that you are doing well and having dance parties in your room. Let's schedule a time for you to come to London!

Cora Newman said...

I like your earrings, your acronyms, and your video editing skills. Also, I made the mistake of watching this video in a quiet place. Let's just say there was lots of irrepressible nose laughing.

Oh! And also I miss you. Byeee!